LEADING SCHOOLS THAT LEARN:
Building Culture Through Inquiry and Agency
July 10, 8am-4pm
Modern Learners' Lab Coming July 10 to Chicago
Join us for a day-long, interactive, deep dive into creating the powerful learning cultures that are driving the most provocative modern classrooms and schools today. If you want a 360° understanding of what it takes to be a "school community that learns," snag one of our limited seats right now.
Cultures of Learning for a World of Learning
Seymour Papert famously said that in these connected times "the only competitive skill is knowing how to learn." To make sure every one of our students develops as a powerful learner in his or her own right, we need school cultures that model and nurture what powerful learning looks like in the modern world.
School cultures don’t have to be stuck. With the right focus and a bit of patience, culture change can happen more quickly than most leaders imagine. And that shift, in a word, moves schools from cultures focused on teaching to cultures focused on learning... for everyone.
What you’ll learn at Modern Learners' Lab Chicago:
- How to identify the type of culture you currently have
- The difference between teaching cultures and learning cultures
- How to move toward developing a school that learns
- How inquiry learning and student agency energize culture
- Ways of building culture throughout the school community
- How culture can be a either barrier or a boon to long term change
Who should attend Modern Learners' Lab Chicago?
- School superintendents, principals, and headmasters thinking seriously about change in their schools
- School board members or trustees supporting change initiatives
- Teachers seeking leadership roles in schools
- Education consultants working on change 'projects
The "Leading Schools that Learn" Lab will be led by the Modern Learners' team of Bruce Dixon, Will Richardson, Missy Emler, and Lyn Hilt.
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Time: 8am to 4pm
Location: PianoForte Studios, 1335 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL (Map)
Price includes lunch and a 3-month membership to the Modern Learners Community
(Attendance is limited to 64 participants for maximum impact.)
About Modern Learners' Labs
Modern Learners' Labs are intensive, interactive, and interesting one and two-day workshops designed to push your thinking and your practice to help you see what's possible for classrooms and schools in the modern world. Facilitated by the experienced, passionate team at Modern Learners, our Labs are small in number by design, but they are big on practical strategies for today's most important educational opportunities and challenges.
8AM TO 4PM
1335 S Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605
3-Month Membership Included
Continue the conversation with educational leaders from around the world.
Modern Learners' Labs are coming to you!
Perth, AU - August 13, 2018
Christchurch, NZ- August 17, 2018
Atlanta, GA - October 2018
Washington D.C. - December 2018