WHAT REALLY MATTERS?
Reimagining Assessment for Modern Learning
August 17, 8am-4pm
Modern Learners' Lab is coming Friday, August 17 to Christchurch, NZ
Join us for a day-long, interactive, deep dive into exploring new ways to think about assessment for learning in the modern world. If you want to break out of the box and learn about powerful, relevant new ways you can bring evaluation into your schools and classrooms, snag one of our limited seats right now.
It's time to put our focus back on learning.
"If we don't assess what we value, we will end up valuing what we assess." ~Will Richardson
"Assessment should be, by its nature, an open question." ~Jesse Stommel
Throughout the history of schools, assessments have been a powerful driver of practice and our definitions of school "success." The world of education has become data driven to the extent that reputations of individuals and institutions rise and fall on our ability to quantify what happens in our classrooms.
But now that the modern world is privileging learning over knowing, what's easily quantifiable has less and less currency. The focus of assessment is shifting to skills and dispositions, those that are required to learn powerfully in a world abundant with knowledge, teachers, and technologies.
What you’ll learn at Modern Learners' Lab Christchurch:
- What new types of assessments schools around the world are implementing in their classrooms
- How to build the capacity of the school community to embrace new ways of evaluation
- How to engage students more deeply in self-assessment
- How to maximize the potential of new technologies to exhibit learning
- How to shift classroom practice in ways that lead to more flexible assessment options
- What the future of assessment looks like
Who should attend Modern Learners' Lab Christchurch?
- School leaders who are thinking seriously about reframing assessment
- School trustees supportive of different ways of thinking about assessment
- Teachers seeking to lead new conversations and practices around assessment
- Education consultants working on assessment projects
The "What Really Matters?" Lab will be led by Modern Learners' co-founders Will Richardson and Bruce Dixon.
Date: Friday, August 17, 2018
Time: 8am to 4pm
Location: Haeata Community Campus, 240 Breezes Road, Wainoni
Cost: $375 (AUD)
Price includes lunch and a 3 month membership in our Modern Learners Community so you can continue the conversation with educational leaders from around the world who can share their experiences, ideas and solutions. Register with Purchase Order here.
(Attendance is limited for maximum impact.)
About Modern Learners' Labs
Modern Learners' Labs are intensive, interactive, and interesting one and two-day workshops designed to push your thinking and your practice to help you see what's possible for classrooms and schools in the modern world. Facilitated by the experienced, passionate team at Modern Learners, our Labs are small in number by design, but they are big on practical strategies for today's most important educational opportunities and challenges.
Need additional information? Please email Bruce Dixon.
Haeata Community Campus
240 Breezes Road
3-Month Membership Included
Continue the conversation with educational leaders from around the world.
Modern Learners' Labs Are Coming to You!
Chicago, IL - July 10
Perth, AU - August 13, 2018
Auckland, NZ- August 15, 2018
Atlanta, GA - October, 2018
Washington D.C. - December, 2018