A WORLD OF MODERN LEARNING:
Reimagining Schools and Classrooms for the Networked World
August 13, 8am-4pm
Modern Learners' Lab is Coming to Perth Monday, August 13
Join us for a day-long, interactive, deep dive into the foundations of modern learning and how it is driving change in classrooms and schools around the world. If you want to fully understand what's now possible for learning in the networked world, grab one of our limited seats right now.
This is an opportunity to hear about the core principles that underpin its growing popularity and explore how it can create new opportunities for your learners.
The world is changing. Schools are too.
"Our kids learn within a system of education devised for a world that increasingly does not exist." ~David Edwards, Harvard
There is no doubt this is a challenging time to be an educational leader, an inspiring time to be a teacher, and an exciting time to be a learner. This new globally connected world has revealed learning opportunities that far exceed anything we might have believed was ever possible. Yet so many of those opportunities remain unrealized.
How can we capture the impact, optimism, and opportunity these changes are bringing to our lives and make them an integral part of what our young people do in our schools? This is one of those rare moments in time when we can choose to either seize the opportunity to forge new learning pathways for our modern learners or waste their precious time hanging on to existing practice. There is surely not a moment to lose.
What you’ll learn at Modern Learners' Lab Perth:
- How the modern world is challenging our existing models of school and what we should be doing about it
- What we've missed in our technology use in schools to date, and the extraordinary opportunites that we are yet to realise
- How we can use the Modern Learners' Lens to reframe our practice in classrooms and schools
- How to engage in productive conversations to reimagine all aspects of current systems and structures
- How to build our own capacity to become truly modern learners in this moment
Who should attend Modern Learners' Lab Perth?
- School leaders who are thinking seriously about change at a systems level
- School board and council members supportive of exploring what's now possible for modern learners
- Teachers seeking to reimagine their classroom practice to fit the needs of modern learners
- Education consultants working to support change initiatives in schools
The "A World of Modern Learning" Lab will be led by Modern Learners' co-founders Will Richardson and Bruce Dixon.
Date: Monday, August 13, 2018
Time: 8am to 4pm
Location: John Inverarity Music and Drama Centre, Hale School,
Unwin Avenue, Wembley Downs. Perth 6019 (Map)
Cost: $399 (AUD)
Price includes lunch and a 3 month membership in our Modern Learners Community so you can continue the conversation with educational leaders from around the world who can share their experiences, ideas and solutions. Register with Purchase Order here.
(Attendance is limited for maximum impact.)
About Modern Learners' Labs
Modern Learners' Labs are intensive, interactive, and interesting one and two-day workshops designed to push your thinking and your practice to help you see what's possible for classrooms and schools in the modern world. Facilitated by the experienced, passionate team at Modern Learners, our Labs are small in number by design, but they are big on practical strategies for today's most important educational opportunities and challenges.
Need additional information? Please email Bruce Dixon.
John Inverarity Music and Drama Centre, Hale School
3-Month Membership Included
Continue the conversation with educational leaders from around the world.
Modern Learners' Labs are coming to you!
Chicago, IL - July 10
Auckland, NZ - August 15
Christchurch, NZ - August 17
Atlanta, GA - October 2018
Washington D.C. - December 2018