Education and professional development are undergoing a remarkable transformation, breaking free from the confines of traditional classrooms and textbooks. Instead, they’re thriving at the intersection of community, events, and content.
But what does this mean for you as a learner?
In this episode, we explore the future of learning and the path to success for learners like you. We cover the interdependent components of modern learning and we talk about a continuous cycle of learning, applying, reflecting, and sharing.
We also discuss the importance of not only acquiring knowledge, but of applying it in practical ways and contributing to the greater body of knowledge.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- The three components of modern learning: community, content, and events
- Why those components must be treated as interdependent in order to foster a culture of learning
- Why meaningful educational experiences start with giving learners agency over their learning
- The role of social networks in fostering learning
- The five phases of collective learning
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization, Peter Senge
- Social Cognitive Theory: An Agentic Perspective on Human Nature, Albert Bandura