Joining me for a conversation on volunteering and altruism is Nicole Sdao, founder and CEO of Altruize.
Nicole is a firm believer in the transformative power of volunteerism. She challenges conventional views of volunteering as strictly a service to others, and invites us to see it as an investment in ourselves and a path of growth and learning.
Nicole and I explored everything from her personal experiences to her insights on different cultures’ attitudes towards volunteering. We also discussed how volunteering offers the opportunity to expand you as a person and allows you to connect with people outside of your usual circles.
We also talk about Altruize, the company Nicole is building and how the platform aims to change the world of volunteering through data, transparency, and connection.
Throughout our conversation, Nicole highlights the transformative power of volunteering and how learning is the basis of change.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- How a move to a new city opened Nicole to the power of volunteering to expand and connect with a community
- Why Nicole says we have to exercise our altruism just like we would a muscle
- How Altruize is creating a platform to make volunteering more transparent and the skills learned more transferable
- How to consider what skills you can bring to an organization as a volunteer so they can make the best use of your time
LEARN MORE ABOUT Nicole Sdao:
- Connect with Nicole on LinkedIn
- Connect with Altruize on LinkedIn
- Facebook: @Altruize
- Twitter: @Altruize
- Instagram: @Altruize