Many people think they know what learning means, but often these beliefs go unexamined and can be oversimplified or even misleading.
Our intentions are usually honorable when we think of learning. But when these good intentions result in total or partial failures, we are disappointed and puzzled. We direct blame to various factors. Rarely do we ask though if it’s possible that our conception of learning was faulty, grossly simplistic, or in need of an overhaul or even discarded.
In this episode, we discuss why we need to reevaluate our understanding of learning, differentiate between learning and achievement, and remind our listeners that at Modern Learners, our focus is on learning.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- The fundamental differences between learning and achievement
- The role of belief in driving learning and development and key questions to identify your organization’s fundamental principles
- How to establish the context your organization and objectives operate in
- Why practices need to be in alignment with both beliefs and context
- Reflecting on how to cultivate a culture of learning