AI, chatbots, and generative search are already changing the way that we find and take in content online, and their impacts will only continue to grow.
I’m joined today by Alex Birkett to talk about the future of search and how people will discover and interact with content online.
We discuss whether websites and traffic numbers will even matter in the future and how evolutions in how we search will change how content gets accessed and used.
Alex Birkett is a co-founder of Omniscient Digital, an organic growth agency that builds content & SEO programs for ambitious B2B brands. Previously, he worked on growth and experimentation at Workato, HubSpot, and CXL. He lives in Brooklyn with his dog Biscuit.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- Why generating AI content is a short-term solution to the wrong problem
- How novelty and expertise-seeking can drive content use beyond simplified AI answers
- What is information gain and why content producers should focus on it
- Why websites and email lists still matter
- The hot takes and competing commitments of adapting to the future of search