Sharing and listening to life’s stories can have a profound impact on us and the people around us. Storytelling is an opportunity to learn, and when people learn, people change.
Today, I’m talking with Graham Callis about the power of storytelling.
Graham Callis is a storyteller and life coach. He founded Your Story Life Coaching and is an experienced storyteller, having graced the stage at many events such as Madison Story Slam and The Moth. He believes in the power of our own personal stories as means to heal, help, and grow and centers his practice around that belief. Graham spends his time outside of coaching playing board games, kayaking, and reading.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- How Graham made the connection between the storytelling experience and coaching
- How storytelling builds community and connection through shared experiences
- Why listening and holding space for clients to process is a key part of Graham’s coaching practice
- How telling their stories can allow clients to come to their own solutions
- Kitchen Table Wisdom: Stories That Heal, Rachel Naomi Remen