I’m back with Julie Stephenson for our special series on Just Culture. We’re continuing to define how Just Culture emphasizes fairness, empathy, and shared accountability and how shifting to this system is transforming the hospital where Julie works.
In this episode, we explore how implementing a Just Culture model can truly impact an organization’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs.
Julie Stephenson’s commitment to and passion for conversations that move organizations toward a healthier and more human place to live, work and learn have guided her entire career. Currently, she supports a critical access hospital in southwestern Wisconsin as a certified coach and Just Culture leader. Her most recent creative endeavor includes The Water We Swim In series and The Lab — a cultural and storytelling experiment she co-created.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE TO HEAR:
- Defining mission, vision, and values in a just culture framework
- The relationship between vision and values
- How just culture recognizes and addresses the potential for competing values between individuals and organizations
- The difference between hiring for culture and hiring for compliance
- How implementing just culture impacts employee burnout, retention, and sustainability
- How just culture systems help organizations and individuals handle when it’s time to part ways